Tuesday 27 May 2008

Archaeology (Dust to Dust)

Here's one from the vaults. Sorry about the very poor sound quality, but this was recorded in my parents' basement when I was all of 15 years old, I think. It was my first band (called VIRGO) and some older friend of the bass player came over with a two-track reel-to-reel machine and a couple of dynamic microphones to record us with. If you're wondering why the vocals sound so good it's because they're provided by my older brother John, not me! Our drummer Dave Houghton wrote the lyrics, and I think the music was mainly written collaboratively between my brother and I. I'm playing acoustic guitar on it, as far as I can remember. Anyway, the songs we came up with back then were cool, and will likely be of interest to the Genesis fans out there. There's five more track like this, so please comment f you want to hear more. (Link below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this song!! :)